"Sometimes in life we stand outside waiting for a door to open. We hope the person behind the door will let us in and be our friend. I was once on the outside until a door opened to me and behind it I found a sisterhood. Now I stand behind that door on the inside, hoping to open it to someone else who stands where I once stood."
Requirements for membership
- Active 4-H membership of two or more years
- Active participation in similar leadership-oriented organizations and experiences will also be taken into consideration.
- Such activities include, FFA or other agriculture related organizations
- Enrollment as a full-time student at Kansas State University for the upcoming fall semester
- High school GPA of 3.0 or higher (high school senior) or college GPA of 2.65 or higher (transfer student)
- Positive attitude, good academic record and leadership skills
- Three letters of recommendation submitted with completed application
- Interview (in-person or virtual) with current Alpha of Clovia members and alumni
What to expect as a new member
- Mentorship, support and guidance from older members of the house
- Formal supper and house business meetings every Wednesday night
- Initiation into full membership during your second semester in the house, providing the following requirements are satisfied:
- A 2.65 or higher GPA (with no 'F' grades) first semester
- Completion of the New Member Training Program, as guided by the New Member Trainer
- Completion of four hours of studying within your first semester
- Weekly duties, starting at four hours a week your first year and declining with each year living in the house
- Attendance in another organization's philanthropy each semester
- Comepletion of four community service hours each semester
- Be involved in one other on campus organization/club
- Participate in house events
- Such events include, but are not limited to Homecoming Week, Hospitality Weekends, Philanthropies, Initiation events, etc.
We are currently recruiting our Fall 2023 new member class.
Want more information? Email our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.